Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Sandbox Reloaded
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-14 00:49
At the moment I'm working on a new Sandbox/Creative Mode scenario with enhanced sandbox tools. If this is finished, it might replace the current "Playground" scenario from the tutorials folder. Here's a little preview on what you could expect from the scenario when it's finished.

Multiplayer

The current Playground scenario is limited to only 1 player at a time (which you might change by editing it's Scenario.txt. Don't know if it's working for more than one player though). My Sandbox scenario will support multiple players, and everyone can use the cool tools for "playing god".

Improved Object Spawning

Object spawning was yet creating the object in the inventory of the player or in front of the player's clonk. Here you'll get a "God's Hand" item, which you can use to create the object at a spot where you want it to spawn. You can still spawn items in your inventory, if you want to.

Material Brush

If you know the Spray Can from the "Maze" scenario (Parkours), you might be already familiar with this tool. And since you are a god in this scenario, you don't have the limited range, so you can draw wherever you like. Also you get a bunch of options for the brush. You can change it's drawing material to every material available (except vehicle). You can also change the brush size.

Marker

Markers can be placed anywhere on the map where you like. You can use them to respawn there when you die, or you can use them as teleport points.

World Generator on the fly

You don't have to end the round to create a new world. The Map Generator allows you to instantly create a new Map. You'll also get a bunch of options to change the world's appearance. Want a skylands map? or rather a lavacave map? With or without trees? Piranhas or Wipfs? you decide.

Options on the fly

When you are in need for something else you'd normally use the /script command for, you could do some tasks with the tools as well, i.e. making your clonk invincible, change it's maximum life, kill your clonk, enable or disable knowledge, ...

___

So, that's pretty much what you can expect from it when it's done. Stay tuned.
Parent - By Armin [de] Date 2017-03-15 10:31
Reminds me even more of that CR scenario Planet Loli which used the default landscape, too. :)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-03-15 10:40
This is a nice idea. I would make one scenario option where you can choose the map already. Also it would be cool if you can add a few rules and goals and start building a settlement.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-03-15 12:10
Very cool!
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-14 21:22
First testing with Caesar and Sharkigator.

Object Spawning and Landscape Drawing were available at this point.
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2017-03-16 12:08
Looks fantastic, when the scenario is finished we could hold a screenshot contest.
Parent - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-16 13:39
Good idea. Btw I noticed how creative people become when you give them all these tools and put them all together on this one yet fairly small map and let them play around.
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-15 23:44
Another testing. This time with Kanibal and Sharkigator.

This time the God's Hand was new. God's Hand can be used to place objects at the spot where you want them to spawn.
- - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-23 23:24
Time for some updates on the Sandbox.

The Sandbox is almost done and I'll push it to the repository then. Some things still need to be done first. Right now I'm adding options to the world generator. At the moment it is only able to generate a flat earth map with variable width and height, but should be able to do some more things in its initial release like placing environment objects like trees, grass, mushrooms, fern, and things like that. I also want to add a few presets for world types like Skylands, Lava/Water Caves, ...

Another thing you get now is a Tweaks/Cheats/Hacks menu (I call it 'Tweaks' in the game) which contains some cool things to play around with. For example you can make yourself invincible (which helps surviving your friends painting lava on your Clonk ;) ) or choose another skin for your Clonk. The list of tweaks might eventually become larger, but for now these tweaks might already be enough to start with.

Markers are also implemented now. You can either place them directly from the marker menu (at your Clonk's position) or use the God's Hand tool to place a marker at the spot where you want it. Markers are only visible for yourself (and the god windows) and you can have up to 10 of them placed simultaneously (which should be more than enough to be honest since you can also use the Teleporter tool to move around). They can also be removed from the marker menu.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-03-24 09:03
Can you attach the current version to your post? I'd like to test it before it is pushed to the repository.
Parent - - By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-03-24 17:36
Here it is

I hereby license the file SandboxReloaded.ocs under the CC-BY license
Attachment: SandboxReloaded.ocs (92k)
Parent - By Maikel Date 2017-03-25 09:02
Found some stuff which can be fixed/improved:

Lantern and firestone appear twice in the menu.
There are no buildings in the menu.
Maybe make the item appear when you let go of the mouse button and have it shown in a transparent way once you click the mouse button, so you can see where you place it.
You can throw away the spray can.
- By K-Pone [de] Date 2017-06-28 22:54
Time for some activity on this. I just added a remover tool to the sandbox. It allows you to remove all objects except for Clonks. This is just to prevent you accidentally killing yourself (or other players) with this tool. Also added some feedback for the invincibility tweak when it's activated or deactivated on a Clonk. Now you see it at least in the logs.
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Sandbox Reloaded