Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Boat
- - By Apfelclonk Date 2017-08-27 16:09 Edited 2017-08-28 12:00
I grabbed the trello card for the boat  a long while ago and didn't finished it. So today I wanted to do so, but sadly it looks like that my files got lost on my old laptop, so I had to start from scratch.
Since the trello doesn't seem to be well visited I'll post my stuff here.
So some questions for anyones opinion, before I do final touches on the texture and some animating for the sails:
- Does the style fit the style we are (more ore less) heading for? I tried to apply plutos advice on the trello card and adopt the style from other graphics.
- Is a boat still requested? Once the card was created there was a discussion about being obsolete and I don't want to put more effort than needed into something that will not be implemeted (I already had my fun with it)
- Is it still a requested feature to create an transportable package out of it, that I shall create a model for it? (Carry-heavy-size or push-pull-around-size?)

Also is there an up-to-date list for needed ([models/])texture repaints? The one sticked to the board seems to be out of date, whilst the trello cards have mostly the character of being nice to have but not really relevant enough that someone would implement them.

I appreciate any feedback.

I hereby license the file ship-1.png under the CC-BY license
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2017-08-27 23:22
Looks good to me.

When it comes to practicality, well, you be the judge. Personally, I wouldn't stop you from working on this boat and bringing it into the game. The concept of a boat, however, hasn't changed since CR and it wasn't terribly useful back then. It can be more practical of course, maybe have the same snapping function than the elevator to transport vehicles and it might just be less bothersome than a few chunks of loam across the lake. :)

As to texture updates, there is the pluto texture update he'd been working on but didn't finish. You could ask him about the progress and what is left to do.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-08-28 08:14

>You could ask him about the progress and what is left to do.

He'll be in Africa for the coming three weeks or so and might have limited internet access /headsup
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Boat