Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Burning tools and weapons
1 2 Previous Next
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-01-10 17:37
http://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?pid=33834#pid33834

:|
I'd rather have tools not burn at all.

Ah, nothing burns inside a clonk. That is fine with me.
Parent - By Marky Date 2017-11-02 17:40
I like the simplicity of the new concept, did not test it though.
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2017-11-01 01:37
Well then, big change I suppose. I made a lot of objects flammable. Didn't change the chest yet.

Tools and weapon will now catch fire from explosions or lava but from other burning objects.

I also made cannons and catapults destructible because why not. I think only Chine depends on the cannon not being destructible and I made it invincible.

I quickly scanned through the scenarios and I didn't find any that really depend on indestructible tools. Well, except for the missions, I guess. I might throw in some free tools there, whenever they're destroyed. I will notify Maikel because I don't know if any tricky tower room hides stuff in lava.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2017-11-05 07:11
Small comment: You added a new property for material incineration. I think a simpler and more versatile implementation would be to simply set an incineration temperature for each object, and define temperatures for both lava and for regular fire (with lava temperature being higher than regular object fire temperature).

I think the current incineration values are already 1-5 for the likelihood of incineration? That could easily be extended to 10 meaning "only incinerated from lava".

The upsides would be that 1) you'd have only one property for incineration and 2) you could define a new object that burns very hot and incinerates more things than regular fire and 3) we could later have regular "fire" sparks as a new material (with a lower temperature).
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2017-11-05 10:17
Yes, that is most certainly possible but way more elaborate than what I did. I don't feel too bad to not have had the same idea!
Parent - By Sven2 [us] Date 2017-11-05 17:41
I think it's less elaborate, because the incineration temperature already exists (as a number from 1 to 5). It would just change the threshold for lava from 1 to 10.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2017-11-11 16:00
I like the change. One thing which now looks funny is that the (packed) balloon does not burn in lava.
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2017-11-11 16:20
Well, yeah. It is absolutely fine to have that thing burn, too.
- - By Luchs Date 2017-11-12 21:25
I'm getting the following warning when shooting a bow (with the grenade launcher) in ChristmasIce, is this related to the changes here?

Warning: using deleted object (#7623) (Bow)!
by: BurnDown() (/home/lukas/src/openclonk/build/planet/Objects.ocd/Libraries.ocd/Flammable.ocd/Script.c:66)
by: effect {...}->Timer(70) (/home/lukas/src/openclonk/build/planet/Objects.ocd/Libraries.ocd/Flammable.ocd/Script.c:51)
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2017-11-13 00:25
Hm. I was under the impression that effects get deleted when the object is and no further timer calls are made. I can throw in another check for this.Target. Is that a specific problem with ChristmasIce (because I don't know what that is) or is there another way of reproducing this?
Parent - By Sven2 [us] Date 2017-11-13 01:01
There should be no timer callbacks on deleted objects. But the object may be deleted during the timer callback?
Parent - By Luchs Date 2017-11-15 11:41

>Is that a specific problem with ChristmasIce (because I don't know what that is) or is there another way of reproducing this?

Just throw flints on the bow until it starts burning.
Parent - - By Fulgen [at] Date 2017-11-15 10:05

>when shooting a bow (with the grenade launcher)

How can you shoot a bow with the grenade launcher?
Parent - - By Luchs Date 2017-11-15 11:34
Like this!

Attachment: bowshooting.webm (1240k)
Parent - By Fulgen [at] Date 2017-11-15 11:41
รด.o
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Burning tools and weapons
1 2 Previous Next