Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Git and line endings
- - By Maikel Date 2017-11-24 14:11
This is very painful. I thought we blocked this problem with line endings on the git server side?

In any case please Windows users take care about not commiting while changing line endings, because the diffs are unreadable and on my linux machine I need to change them back again.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2017-11-24 15:18

>In any case please Windows users take care about not commiting while changing line endings, because the diffs are unreadable and on my linux machine I need to change them back again.

You can configure git on windows to check out windows line endings and check in unix line endings.

To all contributors:
Please always, always check the changes that you are going to push. And if you see that you accidentally changed something you didn't intend to, then do not push the changeset.
It's pretty easy to view the number of changes lines or skim through the changes themselves after committing but before pushing the commit.

And yes, stuff like this IS a PITA because it, for example, also fucks up blaming. And when other people want to merge things to files with a lot of unnecessary formatting changes, they are usually fucked as well.
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2017-11-24 16:49
I thought so too (and it did in fact work at some point, because people complained to me about it). Anyone want to look over the update hook and figure out what's wrong?
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Git and line endings