Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Chine - barrel not filling
- - By MadScientist Date 2018-04-04 19:59
Great World - Unforgiving! - You have to think about everything with the pouring rain but it is sad for a game with the mechanical physic accuracy of OpenClonk that a Wooden Barrel hold under a water shower does not fill! :( try it! frustrating and it has to be fixed! 

https://postimg.org/image/t2cjh9kxz/
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-04-04 20:22
Nice find! I fully agree, but this is technically very hard to implement and needs some new engine interface for sure.
Parent - - By Marky Date 2018-04-04 20:24
Indeed... at first I thought that it could work like a lorry with a collection, but the liquid are moving pixels and not collectible objects :/
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2018-04-04 20:32
Yes, an object would need to have some LiquidCollectionZone as a property and then the engine needs to check for all pixels whether they are at one.
Parent - By Marky Date 2018-04-04 20:35
And then collect the liquid pixels to the collectible liquid objects? :D
Parent - By Caesar Date 2018-04-05 00:15
Can we not do this? Liquids are already not exactly the fastest thing...
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2018-04-04 23:29
We already have GetPXSCount() to get how many loose pixels there are.
We would just need an additional method to delete the loose pxs when the barrel converts them to water objects.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 04:05
You would have to find the pixels at a specific location; not just the fact that there are pixels around. But pixels aren't even organized in sections, so we would effectively have to parse the whole list for every barrel around.

There is one possible solution without engine change: Define a new material, which is drawn by the barrel in front of sky, and which has a scripted reaction function with liquids to collect them into the barrel.

However, that solution would have so many side-effects (think of interactions with SolidMasks, etc.) that I'd rather not go that way.
Parent - - By Caesar [jp] Date 2018-04-05 14:08
Hm, making another vehicle material that has absolutely no interaction with vertices doesn't seem terribly different at this point. But I've already once added such a thing without it having much practical use, I'd rather not repeat that…
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-04-05 14:45
And that other material has some very weird effects on the gameplay, so it is rarely used because of gamebreaking things.
Parent - By Sven2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 16:19
Yes, it's more of a theoretical solution. I don't think we should do that.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Chine - barrel not filling