Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / The Watchtower - Load Saved Games
- - By MadScientist Date 2018-04-12 09:56 Edited 2018-04-12 09:59
Broken Kingdom Campaign - The Hero of  Evergreen (Beta) - The Watchtower - Load Saved Games

Cannot reload a saved game. When try to reload a saved game, ends up with a sort of full game area view where an observer menu is available by selecting space bar but not the usual player menu and of course not a player view  where you have control of your clonk!

This is tested with OpenClonk 8.0, 8.1, 9.0Beta on Unix/Ubuntu 16.04 and OpenClonk 8.0 on Windows 7.

ocf file is: CoN_Campaign1.ocf with an average size of 3.7 MB

Question: Is it possible to reload a saved game? Have you actually done it?

The Castle is so nice and it seems an interesting game but I have a real life :) and I need to be able to save and reload a saved game!
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-04-12 13:21 Edited 2018-04-12 13:24
In theory, it should be possible to resume a saved game, yes. Could you attach the savegame file, so I can have look?
On Windows, savegames are located in the user path: %appdata%\OpenClonk\Savegame.ocf\ and then probably Watchtower.ocf. A zip archive of it will do. A link to user path should be in the OpenClonk installation directory.

Just a sidenote: when you know most of the things you need to do, the playtime is about 45 minutes to one hour. Two hours should be plenty of time. ;) But I'm glad you liked the scenario so far.
Parent - - By MadScientist Date 2018-04-12 20:36
Thanks Clonkonaut,

What I have done so far:

Paula: Got 40 rocks in a lorry, might be a small bug in the conversation, she is still talking about the rocks after she got them.

Samuel: Got seeds, planted them, watered them with 1200 units of water, was waiting, not sure there is something else to do.

Not sure a regular user can attach or at least I do not know how!

So, here it is:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/734807/Watchtower.zip
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-04-12 23:20 Edited 2018-04-12 23:24
Hm, yeah. There is a problem with savegames, for some reasons. I did a wild fix here, that should make your game playable again, so you can go on (just place the attached file next to the other savegame - don't delete the old one before you tested this!).

Also, two side notes:

Play this one through before ever updating to OpenClonk 8.1 - there is a change that will make this savegame unplayable!
Don't use up all your water to make the plants grow! You'll need more water to make the breads ;) You can pass the time by bringing water into the kitchen!

/e
Attaching scenarios doesn't seem to work. Download link: http://www.jetztnicht.de/Watchtower5.ocs
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-04-12 23:28
One more thing: I am working on the second scenario! There is still much to do and it'll take me some time but the next one will come! :D
Parent - - By MadScientist Date 2018-04-13 01:26
Thanks Clonkonaut for taking the time to fix my saved game, had a quick test, it worked! but it means I need to find 2 hours in front in order to resume it, because no saved game is possible! I cannot ask you to fix each of my saved game! LOL :)

Ok, thanks for the tip on making bread! gonna be a shortage of flour soon!

Thank you so much for developping what seems to promiss to be an exciting saga!
Parent - By Clonkonaut Date 2018-04-13 01:40
You're welcome :)
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / The Watchtower - Load Saved Games