Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Female Clonks
1 2 Previous Next
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 01:46
I was just thinking about how knights/fantasy packs could have nifty mouse-controlled objects/spells when I thought of something; if there is going to be any princess (e.g. Drachenfels), it's going to require creating a new object and including the current clonk. I was thinking we could instead just have functionality for a Clonk to be female (graphical and auditory changes on initialize).

Though Clonk isn't the real world, I don't see anything wrong with male and female Clonks (in the base-game).
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-01-16 03:15
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 06:06
The image of a female clonk instantly makes eyes want to bleed... but I swear I wouldn't model it from the male Clonk. :]
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2010-01-16 23:25
fullack
Parent - By PeterW [de] Date 2010-01-17 13:05 Edited 2010-01-17 13:08
The tiny bit of serious discussion about this is that players have always wanted to customize their Clonks. Maybe we could think about allowing some limited (!) normal-map/vertex and texture manipulations. Such a feature could also come in very handy once people start building RPGs and don't want to make thousands of object definitions just to make NPCs a bit more varied.

Plus we should not forget when making text messages that the player isn't always male. That one has nothing to do with the feature request, but it's crazy how fast you forget it when the player base is so dominated by males. So I guess it's worth repeating.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-16 08:31
I always wondered where the clonks come from...
If we dont add female clonks, then we should state, that clonks DO NOT have two genders, and it should not be "he" or "her" but "it" then.
Besides - girls/womans would probably prefer playing female clonks...
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 08:50
I'm almost fairly certain there might be at least possibly one girl who plays Clonk.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-16 09:52
I'm almost certain, that there is really much more than one girl playing clonk :P
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 20:21
Bear in mind I live in Canada... probably only 30 or so people in the entire country have heard of it, and I don't really know the player base of Europe. xD
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-01-16 09:55
I think we should only have one clonk, no genders.
The reason:
Everyone can make additional packs - and clonk should be a game for kids, not for young adoults in puberty.
What I want to say is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dynfVtC8Gt4
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 20:33
Why would the game need to be for young adults just because there are both genders in the game? I think that's really silly; Clonks are obviously human-like creatures, and I think it's stupid to exclude females just because some people out there are incredibly perverted.

Girls exist in real life; I had two older sisters growing up, and I knew that they were girls and I was a guy. Was I not supposed to have older sisters/acknowledge their existence until I reached puberty? Ridiculous.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-01-16 20:55
the problem is: what is possible to play in clonk -- and when you have genders, there will be sex too. And when you have sex, you will also have certain sex add-on-Packs, too. It's better to keep the clonk neutral, clonks are not getting kids, they were bought in the base.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 21:01 Edited 2010-01-20 20:17
You are assuming to much of the Clonk community. I'd like to believe they aren't this depraved. I don't really see why anything about Clonks have to change; they are bought in the base. Just like we were all found in the cabbage patch or brought in by a stork. Why does there have to be sex just because there are women???

Edit: Hmm, initially I thought that CC-By required permission to adapt a work. Anyways, if we do have female Clonks; all 3D-and 2D artwork of the female clonk will be licensed under the CC-ND CC-BY license. No one is going to release a sex mod for Clonk.
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2010-01-17 00:12
Well I know good old dragon rock, where you rescued the princes to have sex with her...
Why does having women automatically imply that there has to be sex? There are a lot of other games, that don't ignore the fact that there is a slight possibility that female beings could exist. Most of the games have female characters too and don't have sex, just because there are two genders...
I think this discussion should calm down a bit and turn more on rational side, what this aspect could bring to the game and if it is needed. Not just shouting "Noooo" and "Females == Sex".
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-17 06:19
Does anyone have a good reason that female Clonks shouldn't exist?

@Randrian: I've already completed a 3D model (textured, but not rigged) for the female clonk. If you upload the latest ClonkOpenRevolution.blend, I could add this to the existing file. Or I could just send you the 'Clonkess.3ds'.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-17 10:46
Oh yes... now just add sex animation...
xD
Just joking :P
BTW. the model does not look like female, and does not look like clonk too much either...
Parent - - By Anonymous [de] Date 2010-01-17 11:41
I want to see more of her boobs and legs. Maybe a skirt? But okay euh it's really nice.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-17 18:57

>I want to see more of her boobs and legs.

o_O

I intentionally made her wearing as much clothes as the male clonk for a reason.
Parent - By Loriel Date 2010-01-18 18:41

> I want to see more of her boobs and legs. Maybe a skirt?

People like you give videogames a bad name >:[
Parent - - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2010-01-17 12:46 Edited 2010-01-17 12:50

>Does anyone have a good reason that female Clonks shouldn't exist?

It was just a damn taboo since Clonk 4 (and the begining of player-made stuff).
Yeah, this adventure in the knights.c4f folder has a princess, I think it's ok, too, but making female clonks part of the everyday game... that's just sick IMO.

EDIT: And what gameplay advantages would you gain with this?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-01-17 12:56

>EDIT: And what gameplay advantages would you gain with this?

What gameplay advantages do you gain with not having the Clonk displayed as a stick-figure?
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2010-01-17 18:15
You don't think about xkcd every time you play Clonk!1
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-22 19:27

>And what gameplay advantages would you gain with this?

Customization. :/
Parent - Date 2010-01-23 05:13
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2010-01-17 15:07
Well, looks nice your female clonk. There are still things to improve.. The face design should resemble a bit more the design of the male clonk, but I have here a female face texture I once made (with Sven's aid) perhaps this will improve the face.
I have updated the Clonk in the resources repos (well it is a bit work in progress now). Then you can commit it there. If you have problems importing it in blender, just commit it as you have it there and I will then merge the files.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-17 19:30

I should be able to implement this into the Clonk.blend (rig etc.). Can I get the texture for the female face?
Parent - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2010-01-17 21:55
Looks like a russian "Babuschka". O_o
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-17 21:57
I took elements from this and implemented it into the face; I think it turned out fairly well.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-18 12:54
Ehm...
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-01-17 17:16
You should emphasize more the pelvis and also make the breasts a little nicer. The hair could be longer.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-17 19:08
I think there could be a better way to feminize the hair without lengthening it (maybe a bun or ponytail :?); because the Clonk's armature does not have any bones for hair.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-01-17 22:57
She looks a bit simple-minded. Bring more distance between the eyes and comb back the hair a little.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-01-18 07:03
I don't think it's the distance - I think it's because the eyes are perfect circles (on a second though: maybe it is partly the distance)
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2010-01-18 10:56
Of course granting some individualities in looks will give freaks the possibiliy to make scenarios like: sex, rape, killing all the women/blacks/the ones with big noses..

But it should be enough to ban these sort of scenarios from all the pages, wouldn't it? Every 2 or 3 months someone of the RPG-Atelier community  for example does the same. The games got banned every time and everybody forgets about it a day later. And these games usually are build by small unmature kids that nobody takes serious anyway. They will grow out of it after some time...
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-18 12:55
If they like this kind of stuff let the play it. They will eventually (hopefully) grow out of it...
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-01-18 17:00
restrictions in "open"clonk???
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-18 17:06
Hope, that this was not sarcasm... anyway - we wont include it in official game, and few people enjoying it will eventually get bored. It is natural for something like that to die naturally...
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-01-16 10:23

>Though Clonk isn't the real world, I don't see anything wrong with male and female Clonks (in the base-game).

Well, we'd have to create each and every animation two times. I am also a fan of calling the Clonks "it" and leave it that way - just to make future changes easier :)
Parent - By Randrian [de] Date 2010-01-16 12:43
Well, the animations shouldn't be the problem. Normally you can use all animations for both characters, if they have the same bones.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 20:22
Basically what Ranrian just said; I'd use the current Clonk armature but remake the 3D model from the ground up.
Parent - By Loriel Date 2010-01-18 18:49
If you want to call the clonks "it" in any sense beyond them just being a pile of pixels and not actual people, you should put some effort into making the model more androgynous and filtering male names from the lists.
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-01-16 13:37
Reproduction by organ and body division is fine, I think.
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2010-01-16 17:51
thats not the way clonks reproduce. you send a letter to the supermakret, and a full-grown clonk arrives at your homebase.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-01-16 21:23
Well, and power comes from the wall sockets.
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2010-01-16 23:27
Or just place it in your base and watch at the hud for the reproduction, if you have stored some power! :D
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-16 20:24
That is an important matter... lets make a poll... do Clonks reproduce by:
a)Subdivision
b)Grow from seeds
c)Tuber based reproduction
d)Other

I personally like idea of clonks reprodicing using tubers...
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 20:35
I don't think it's really important. All you need to know is what Mimmo_O said.
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-01-16 20:57
d) other is you have to buy them at the supermarket
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-16 21:34
Indeed. :)
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Female Clonks
1 2 Previous Next