Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Updating the Model Export Guide
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-03-12 02:39
Since I have a lot of experience fighting with blender and OGRE to make them work properly, I'm updating the Exporting Meshes Guide to be less vague and more straightforward.

I'm mainly making this post so I can upload Randrian's modified OGRE Exporter to the website (since the guide will now provide a link!). :p
Attachment: OgreExporterOC.zip (200k)
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-03-12 11:28
Blender 2.49b? The OGRE exporter always worked surprisingly well for me there :o

what did Randrian change?
..which adds critical features necessary for animation blending
Ah, okay. Mh, do you know what he exactly did?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-03-12 18:04
Everything should be covered under the new Actions.txt subheader (beneath Scene.material).
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-03-12 19:39
Thank you for your nice tutorial on installing the Exporter and setting up Blender. I think you covered the process well.
And yes the Actions.txt is the main thing I changed in the exporter. Every now and then I have a look how far they are with the Blender 2.5 exporter. But it will still take some time until we can use it.
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-03-13 01:06
What's missing in the 2.5 exporter?
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-03-13 01:18
It doesn't seem to have the same clean GUI as the 2.49 exporter. Though on this page it shows a GUI similar labelled 'progress'. Unfortunately, if that is in the v2.6 exporter I've never seen it. :(
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-03-13 02:15
http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Blender+2.5+Exporter
There you see the process. And the important point "First working skeleton export. "  has not been done yet. And without animations exporting doesn't help us much for OC.
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-03-13 09:14
Ah, right, so we're thinking about different exporters. I have exported meshes with the blender2ogre-exporter. It works, but I have not tested if the animation works correctly yet.
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-03-13 19:06
Ah ok. Then I always looked at the wrong exporter. I didn't know that there was another exporter too. So I will have a look at that exporter and if it does what it says properly, we can make it the "official" one for OC.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-03-13 20:31
If you need something to try the exporter with you could re-export the elevator in proper dimensions :)
Parent - - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-03-13 22:25
What's wrong with it?
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2012-03-13 22:36
As far as I know the version in the resources repository is fine but it used to be huge and wrongly oriented before, and the export is still from that time. In the clonk object, this is fixed by an appropriate mesh and picture transformation.
Parent - By Randrian [de] Date 2012-03-13 23:56
Ok I have done it.
And as I have seen the new ogre exporter works fine with normal meshes. Objects with animations remain yet to be tested.
Parent - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-03-13 21:42
(Well I refuse to use 2.49 anyways :V)
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Updating the Model Export Guide