Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Electricity
- - By Pollux3737 [fr] Date 2012-11-05 14:06
Hello,

First, I want say to you, I'm not an English Speaker, so sorry for the lang errors...
So, I want to know how transport electricity, because I have a windmill and a steam engine near the cabin who craft the pike and a brewing stand who craft a dynamite stick.

Thanks !

Pollux3737
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-11-05 14:09
You need a flag to mark your base, electricity is then distributed between the buildings inside the flag's area.
Parent - - By Pollux3737 [fr] Date 2012-11-05 14:12
Thanks ! I'm not an expert in this game, so I ask ! ^^
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2012-11-05 14:18
No problem, this seems to be one of the least intuitive concepts in the game :)
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-11-06 03:11
I think we should have something a little more detailed than just a flag to get it's functionality across. Maybe I could work on a little bank vault and tesla coil on each side of the flag to demonstrate its different uses?
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2012-11-06 16:08
But as long as you don't already have a flag you will not know that you need one to power your settlement.
I'm still for a messsage "Windmill not in flagradius!" at the initializing of the construction site.
Or a window that pops up the first time  you build the windmill "Note: Windmill needs to be in flagradius to spread electricity." Then click it away. Might a "Don't show this again" button. Could the choice be stored in the player file?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-11-06 17:43

>I'm still for a messsage "Windmill not in flagradius!" at the initializing of the construction site.

Yes, something like that is definitely needed.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Electricity