Not logged inOpenClonk Forum - Archive
Up Topic Community / Off Topic / Werewolf: The Game Thread!
1 2 3 Previous Next  
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-03-08 22:44
Well, for one,it's more likely that we don't vote at all if there is no clear deadline.

Secondly, as Peter had already mentioned throughout the game, voting at the last second is a strategy that is beneficial to the villagers. It's bad for wolves, because they don't know if they have to invest any votes to influence the decision.

I don't know how hard it would be to set up an automatic voting deadline. I guess the game loses some if its charm if it needs an external website just for the voting. But maybe a bot could write a forum posting that just draws a line and says "voting over", and votes below the line don't count. Then the game master can come in later to count votes.

Happy shutdown :)
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2013-03-08 22:45
bloop
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2013-03-09 08:30
There would be great to implement the independent online application to utilise the game mechanics.
(Though I am sure there may already be one out in the Net...)
- - By Fluff [gb] Date 2013-03-08 20:30
Btw, in regards to the whole "random numbers for voting" thing. That only works when you have no seers or masons or the like. Which is a good argument for adding seers and masons and the like.
Parent - - By ker [de] Date 2013-03-08 21:10
yes, but you could've told us about all possible roles :(
Parent - - By Fluff [gb] Date 2013-03-08 21:18
I could have.
Parent - - By ker [de] Date 2013-03-08 21:19
You should have
Parent - - By ker [de] Date 2013-03-08 21:20
you could tell us about possible roles, but not include all of them. like there could be brothers and/or masons or neither.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-03-08 21:41
He, did! Let me quote Fluff

"We could also choose to have special roles randomly allocated within the villagers. The "Baner" can choose one person to protect each night. If the wolves attack this person, the attack fails. The "Seer" can choose one person to investigate each night. He will be told if that player is a werewolf, a special role, or a villager. You can also have two "Masons". Masons are normal villagers, except that they each know the other's identity, and can trust each other from the start."
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-03-08 22:20

> random numbers for voting

We didn't have any results from the seer yet and noone would believe our claim to be masons.

But then, just voting for the guy who cried "I am wolf" loudest worked out nicely as well ;)
Up Topic Community / Off Topic / Werewolf: The Game Thread!
1 2 3 Previous Next