Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Wind Jar's method of charging
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-04-09 03:00
Both Newton and AlteredARMOR have mentioned it would be better if the wind jar automatically loaded, instead of holding down the button to make it load (and then keep the button pressed until you want to use it). I originally believed it was better the way it is, but I've recently found that requiring the player to keep the button held down until he/she wants to use it can cause some annoying problems (I can explain in further detail if necessary). Furthermore, I think the windjar's slow 'hold down for x amount of time before shooting' seems to slow the action down considerably.

Anyways, I would of course like to ask the other developers'/community's opinions on this before modifying it.
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-04-09 07:23
The same issue can be true for the musket reloading method. The reason I keep quiet about it is I remember someone mentioned that it is hard (or even impossible?) to implement simplified loading method (you press button only once - do not hold it - and loading is performed automatically). There was something about callbacks, as I recall.
Parent - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2010-04-09 10:45
Impossibe? Nothing easy like that would be impossible. :o
Parent - By Randrian [de] Date 2010-04-10 09:54
Ehm, well the musket reloading actually is already so that you just have to click once and the clonk finishes reloading automatically if you don't interrupt it.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-04-09 11:57
I completely agree. I think the whole "Holding down" stuff got out of hand. Just because it worked well for the shovel doesn't mean every weapon should do it.
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-09 12:42
since i am the author, and many ppl mentioned this, i think im gonna change this to look how it works.
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-18 14:37
done. now reloads one charge per frame to a maximum of 60.

while in the reloadingstate, takes a random position around the jar which is in a distance of maximum 50 px. if that position is neither solid nor liquid, the jar gains one charge.

this makes 2 seconds of reloading when youre in the air, and about 6 seconds when youre in a normal sized, clonk-digged tunnel.

the jar is also a bit more powerful now, 120% the power of the old one (the old one had a maxcap of 50 for the amount).

need some feedback, if its okay now.

also, it was mentioned to redesign the visual of the jar. newton had the idea for some bagpipe/vacuum-cleaner mix. any suggestions?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-04-18 15:51
http://www.infovisual.info/04/img_en/018%20Bagpipe.jpg !
And I want to be able to suck in water to extinguish fires!
Parent - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-04-19 07:00
Why not just add all of the functions of the vacuum from Lugi's Mansion?
Parent - - By Atomclonk [de] Date 2010-04-20 21:45
...or lava to spray it on enemies. :D
Parent - - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-04-21 15:18
Look like a barrel ?
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-21 15:30
barrel would only be good for sucking/storing liquids. but the jar loads air, so a bag would fit better.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [us] Date 2010-04-23 17:07
Also, I should mention that the air intake particle does not look good at all while moving now. It looked good when drawing air in from a specific angle, but now it looks very strange.
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-23 20:28
feel free to change them again
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Wind Jar's method of charging