Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / A way to get rid of small bits of land.
- - By Anonymous [us] Date 2010-07-06 19:28
Just a thought, many people seem to despise the small chunks of dirt/gold that you missed when digging around.

Those little pieces that float in air that you get stuck on and whatnot.

Now would it be easy to every now and then basically have an "earthquake" like in clonk rage  that knocks down certain small amounts of unattached pixels?

Course it would not be a visible earth quake just now and then the game does the little event that makes all the small bits of unattached land drop down.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-07-06 19:54
I believe Maikel has already made an earthquake, but it doesn't hunt down individual pixels. To my knowledge, it would take a lot of memory to run a script that looks for small landscape chunks the player can get caught on.

Also, from my experience I don't seem to get stuck on landscape as was very prone to happen in Clonk Rage. If you ever do, clonks are allowed to start digging from scaling anyways. :)
Parent - By Anonymous [us] Date 2010-07-06 22:53
Ah thanks for the reply!

I have not tried to play open clonk so sorry if all my information is screwed, I assumed it was like clonk rage.

I have been having alot of fun with clonk rage and am very hopeful for openclonk in the future.

Feel free to delete this post thanks again.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-07-06 23:11
I think it will be less of a problem, because a) you can start digging anywhere and b) you can zoom in (and zoom is generally a bit larger than in CR), so those little pixels won't actually be pixels any more, but solid, visible chunks of earth.

Still, you do not have a shovel in every scenario that contains explosives. We may want to rework explosions so they do not create little pixels as remainders. I think an explosions rework wish is already in the bugtracker.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-07-07 08:17
Sorry for the offtopic:

Dear, Anonymous.
I believe, it was you who made posts here, here and here (as well as here, of course).
Since you are showing activity on the OpenClonk forum, I'd like to ask you to go through a registration procedure for the sake of our further awareness of who we are dealing with It is really a pleasure of having a new member around - especially when he is not willing to remain unnamed/unknown (not saying that registration bring up some other useful possibilities)
Thanks in advance (and waiting to see you around again).
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / A way to get rid of small bits of land.