Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Settlement (tutorial) feedback
1 2 Previous Next
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2013-04-10 21:26
Why haven't you actually made some graphics for OC? I've seen some projects of yours and I must say the style and the graphics look awesome! :)
Parent - By Nachtfalter [de] Date 2013-04-11 17:07
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2013-04-10 11:41
Looks 'shopped. I can tell from the pixels!
Parent - By J. J. [py] Date 2013-04-10 20:44
Nice. :)
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2013-04-10 06:55
Reminds me of Hammerfight...
- - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-04-09 22:54
Another general thing:
I am against buildings for transporting power, but I am for transporting power!

Wut? Examples:
Example 1:
You probably want to build your steam-engine down in your coal mine and transport the power up into your base, right? But wait! The electricity is not the ressource here, the coal is!
I'd rather have the long-planned production- and transportation lines so that the player can set up a way to transfer the coal up into his base easily. We need that a) anyway and b) I believe it's the better decision gameplay-wise.

Example 2:
How to build a tesla-coil-transporation device the Zapper way:
Step 1: put in lightning-rod as building, attracts lightning and produces a bit of energy (needed anyway, I guess)
Step 2: put in CR-style cannon tower with auto-fire-mode
Step 3: put in CR-style lightning gun attachment for cannon tower
???
Success: we can now transport power without any extra power-transportation building!

Another way of transporting power?
Well, pumping uphill needs energy and pumping downhill produces energy. The rest is for the player to construct.

But you really, really want to just put up wind-generators on top of that mountain and get some free power for your base?
Well, noone said that creating a settlement in Clonk should be an easy task - especially not you, right?
Parent - By pluto [de] Date 2013-04-10 01:32
example 2 seems to be nearly exactly what PeterW was talking about, I guess. Some cannon (usable as weapon and/or energy tranfer apperatus), and some receiver. but the CR like canon tower and its lightning gun would be extremly expansive with only limited range. Besides that you first need power for the workshop first. So it has to become cheaper/easier than in Clonk Rage
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Settlement (tutorial) feedback
1 2 Previous Next