Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
- - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-23 19:14
Lorry is real

That page leads to a package repository for user generated content. You can log in with your forum account.

It's not linked in the header yet because there are probably still issues. If you want to try to break stuff, feel free (and then please report the breaking steps).
Also, please do upload stuff if you have. But don't be mad (yet) if there has to be a reset for some reason.

Repository: https://github.com/walachey/openclonk-lorry/

There is also ingame client integration for that webseite to download/update stuff. I'll merge the latest openclonk/master into my thread and then probably create a pull request to allow for reviews.

Note that there is currently no way to rate an entry, which I don't think makes sense without at least some active user base. There is also no comment functionality atm because right now I thought that it makes more sense to just link to a forum thread for the package (it's the same account and site anyway).
The package list does support sorting/searching/filtering (via GET params atm), but there is no UI for that yet. E.g. I want to put the search into the common search box at the top of each page here.

PS: Thanks to Luchs for helping to set it up on the website!
PPS: Old screenshot of the ingame client
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2020-07-24 05:45
OMG ist das toll!

I'll upload Clonkfest. Can you add multiple authors?
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2020-07-24 05:54
Also, I could only use 149 characters in the short description (even though it told me I could use 150).
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-24 07:14
Haha, I'll check that
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-24 18:35
Interestingly enough that is a browser bug that's been known since at least 2012. Your firefox/opera will count newlines as one character when checking the limit and then happily transmit two characters (\r\n).
Wtf. https://stackoverflow.com/a/10031166

I am now just stripping all newlines in that field since they are not rendered anyway.

PS: And I also allowed line breaks inside of words in the overview now when there are unusually long "words" :p thanks for finding that!
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-24 07:17
Yes, you can. I disabled editing the author field for non moderators thoug - to prevent abuse. So you can either tell me what it should contain or tell Luchs you want to be a moderator and let him add you to the corresponding forum group
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2020-07-25 16:52
I don't know if that's a Lorry-specific problem but the login process is less than ideal. Log in takes you to auth.openclonk.org where you can log in and afterwards get send to a page "Logged in as x" and a link to log out.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-25 16:54
Which browser? When I click "Log in", I get sent to auth.openclonk.org. When I confirm my credentials there, I get sent back to mods.openclonk.org
Parent - - By Clonkonaut Date 2020-07-25 16:57
I see. Browser is Vivaldi but it's the same with Firefox. The key is to have at least one unsuccessful login attempt!
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-07-25 17:37
Ah. I guess that's a problem with the auth service. Luchs?
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2020-08-05 05:55
Hey, just saw there's a scenario uploaded :o

Is there some way to e.g. keep track of the required openclonk version?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2020-08-05 09:05
My solution for that was to use tags. Because I don't think new releases are either downwards or upwards compatible (so a "minimum version" does not make sense). Instead you'd now have to tag it with openclonk-8 and openclonk-9 if you want to say it's compatible with both.
That's also what the ingame client's filter does: Filter for stuff that's tagged "openclonk-<majorversion>"
Parent - By Mupf [de] Date 2020-08-18 19:54
This is great! I'll upload an old scenario of mine as soon as it's 9.0 compatible!
Parent - By ala Date 2020-08-19 03:58
Congratulation on finishing the project :) /o/ \o\
- By Luchs Date 2020-08-10 21:44
The ingame client is in the main repository now, so grab a snapshot and try it out! I think it's really cool, great work by Zapper!