Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Buildings in the release
- - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-05-22 00:23
Other than the ToolStore, will there be any other structures in the release? If so, what are they?

It's just I had an idea about a basic structure, but I wasn't sure if it would be in the first release of the game.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-22 01:01
There won't be any settlement-oriented construction of buildings or such. The hammer works, but there are serious problems to be fixed and many more structures to be designed before the settlement game type can actually work.
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-05-22 07:04
I think, the Tools Workshop will also be removed from the first release :-) (or :-(, do not know really).
Other than nice (well, GREAT) graphics it has absolutely no usefull functionality.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-22 19:00
Well, we've had a discussion in IRC about actually removing things from the release package, and we came to the decision that it was largely pointless. Players will never see these buildings in the 'official scenarios' of the first release, it would be a lot of unnecessary work to pick and choose what data will be excluded, and modders can play around with the unfinished objects if they choose (ie: especially some little fun tools that aren't in any scenario, like Telekinesis :] ).
- By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-05-23 06:20
Thanks guys

Just mention when you start work on the structure that is for researching stuff, since that is what my idea pertains to
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-05-23 10:05
I just hope that Open Clonk will not only be a melee game

From the first building-based Clonk, Clonk has ever been designed for that
Parent - By MrBeast [de] Date 2010-05-23 11:46
We allready have races, don't we?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-23 17:49
To be honest, the first clonk game was all about melee; throwing rocks at the other team and such. However, OpenClonk will not only be a melee game. The first release will be about melee's and parkours, but that's only the first release. Once we've completed that, we can move onto other areas of the game, ie: Settlement.
Parent - - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-05-24 09:43
I'd would like a deeper settlement system in Open Clonk :/

Clonk ever be a melee game, but whit this new Clonk, we can manage to create a better system

I remember my last game of CivilHighsations, good idea of a ''Settle and attack'' game

So, 2nd release for settlement

I hope the originals packs who includes lots of features for settlement/beautiful things (Clonk, of course/Knights/Cowboys/Far Worlds) will be keeped/extended/upgraded

We can create lots of buldings for these packs !

Good luck for the first release anyway
Parent - - By Carli [de] Date 2010-05-24 12:09
you can implement your settlement system in an extra pack :P
Parent - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-05-24 12:22
I know anything to scrpting...

I just have some ideas of what it's will act

I know somes ''production system'' games

- Anno 1404
- The Settlers (4), looks like complicated Clonk

:/
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-24 18:12
Something like this old thing? I've actually never played the games you mention, but I think for a large "Settle & Attack" game (if I'm understanding you properly), we'd need the combat system and settlement systems already in place. Even then it would take a lot of work.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-05-24 18:34
For "Settle & Attack" games a good settlement would just have to have an impact on the attack itself. In CR it does not really change a fight if you have a really good economy set up (e.g. the weapons don't change)
(while in "The Settlers"/"Anno"/"Cultures"/"Probablyalotmoregames" you can for example improve your army if your settlement is well planned)
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-05-25 12:09
You speak about CivilHighsations ?

The landspace is a not really big map with a hundred little islands, the players are in 2 teams on the borders ofthe map

When u start, u fall on a wooden bridge piece whit a flag and a construction kit

U can buy fasty a helicopter, a bomb and rush, but if u fall, is bad

U need a workshop (for create a heli+bomb), a good place for samwill (wood), a foundry (ore to metal and... coal !) and money (u can build... uh... honey... whit bees, sell idols/objects, make explosives, objects, ect...)

Is really difficult to attack, one false move and the heli breaks, and AA defenses can be build

For me is a really good ''Settle and Melee'' game
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-05-25 12:47
Well, that looks much like something that was available in CR. (except for the fact that in CR you could simply buy blimps and huge explosives without bothering yourself with "settlement" issues :-( )

The only thing that can be done differently in OpenClonk (and we have talked about that hundreds of times already) is removing GOLD from the top position in the list of most-wanted/most-available items in the game (making it more rare and LESS powerfull) and making player do everything in more "natural" way (cut trees, dig sulphur and coal, etc.). With this approach you will certainly not be able to blow your opponent in pieces with a single precise throw of Terra-Flint that can be bought just at the beginning of the round...
Parent - Date 2010-05-25 19:19
- - By Anonymous [us] Date 2010-07-12 21:14
Couldn't you make it so you can't buy big explosives/vehicles in the begging?

Maybe after a certain amount of settlement points other items are "unlocked" in the store?
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2010-07-13 01:26
i kind of like the idea of having to fulfill different conditions before being able to buy certain objects.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-07-13 12:24
Research? Btw, I don't really consider putting a Clonk in a building connected to a power plant as research.
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-07-14 10:34
Maybe see my "you need a chemical plant" idea?
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Buildings in the release