Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Feature Wishlist
1 2 Previous Next
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2013-01-27 10:26
For mesh graphics it's not possible to control two or more texture units separately. One color can be specified with the player color, but if you want two custom colors, that's not possible at the moment. ClrModulation is always applied to the whole mesh by modifying the material color (which is not totally correct either, I guess, it should be applied on the output of the graphics pipeline).
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2013-01-27 11:05
Hm, the simplest and most flexible way to do this would be to implement support for custom shaders. I'll see what I can do in the next days or weeks.
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2013-01-27 14:45
If we intend to bring back a Direct3D renderer at some point (which, to be fair, I don't really see happening) the custom shaders should probably use Cg instead of GLSL.
Parent - - By Pyrit Date 2013-04-20 16:56
[x] One way pass through solidmasks :3
Parent - By ker [de] Date 2013-04-20 20:40
this feature could allow many cool things like building huge scale machines that do $somethin_odd

i know, you were thinking about platforms to jump through from the bottom but walk on top off, that's cool too ^^
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2013-04-20 21:07
Mmh. Didn't we already discuss this somewhere? Reserving a few (4 at minimum) material-texture combinations instead of just one for vehicle doesn't sound like a technical problem to me. Touching the movement code, and whatnot else is the other thing.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2013-05-06 19:56
Line sprites: Wouldn't it be cool to have real pipes on the pumps, instead of these blurry lines?
You could maybe use that even for the elevator's rope?
I looked into the elevator, the rope is just an object that gets stretched long. So maybe another idea for that would be make FacetTargetStretch accept a third value. So the object's graphics don't get stretched, but repeat themselves.
Parent - By Andriel Date 2013-10-21 14:22
Something like TopFace for 3D Models. The currently used workaround with seperated models is a mess, especially when animating and stuff.
- - By Link-Mario [de] Date 2013-10-25 14:16
I would like to have a scriptable progress bar. This would be useful to show, that a clonk is doing something really complex, e.g. cracking a rusted lock or moving all his items into a chest or taking as many items as he can.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2013-10-25 15:01
Something similar to this? :)

PS: with the upcoming new menu system, a scripted full-screen progress bar (that uses the same interface as the current ones) would be no problem, either. I have actually for test purposes already implemented a health bar with the new menus - that's more or less the same
Parent - By Link-Mario [de] Date 2013-10-26 09:28
Yeah, that's similar enough.
- - By Link-Mario [de] Date 2014-11-07 16:39
How about using SDL besides OpenGL?

This library is less complicated than Qt and it's useful as fallback-mode for graphic drivers that can't handle OpenGL correctly. Freedroid RPG for example is using this fallback, too. Also it's easier to handle with keyboards and gamepads when using it. SDL 2.0 is licensed under the zlib license, so it would be no problem to integrate it in the game.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2014-11-07 17:02
Sounds like huge effort for little gain. Do we know of cases where OpenGL is a problem (and we cannot work around it easily)? Even then it might be less effort to have Direct3D as an alternative instead of SDL, since (correct me if I'm wrong) rendering meshes with SDL would require directly using OpenGL again anyway.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-11-07 21:18
I don't see the point either. That would be so much work that I doubt we would find anyone to volunteer for that ever. And IF someone actually wants to do it and finishs it, we would not have gained much in the ned
- - By Link-Mario [de] Date 2014-11-27 10:26
What do you think about using SVGs as textures?
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics, so on the one hand, textures won't get pixelated and AntiAliasing would be obsolete.
On the other hand, SVGs are XML-files, which means, you need to parse a complex syntax, even if the file is smaller than a PNG- or JPEG-version of the same texture.

Special Note: If a creator thinks, he is really smart, he could hide the sprite animation inside the SVG, too. This means, you have to detect special animation parts that are written either in JavaScript or in SMIL.
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2014-11-27 11:33
Do we really have texture that we could substitute with a SVG?

Most of our textures are more or less pseudo-photorealistic. SVG is not suitable for such textures. SVG would be more suitable for a real comic-like style with only elements like solid strokes and solid areas in the texture.

Or do you have specific textures in mind where this would help?
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2014-11-27 11:35
Realistically, we would use a library to load and render SVG data so it doesn't matter how complex the format is. But I don't see the point. It's a lot of work (getting it to run with our shaders, etc.) for questionable gain. We have very few graphics that would need to be rendered as vector graphics (only the numbers on stackable objects come to mind).

> and AntiAliasing would be obsolete.

No.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Feature Wishlist
1 2 Previous Next