Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Kitchen
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-26 08:24
Some of the smaller details may need to be added as texture or have simplified geometry.

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2011-10-26 10:50
Nice! However keep in mind that ingame, the perspective is from up-front. The table then doesn't look very interesting. You should add something vertical behind the table. The easiest thing would be a wall with kitchen tools like in the tools workshop. Or a cauldron/cooker? A bucket? A shelf with inventory and ingredients? I am sure something will come to your mind. :-)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-26 18:46
I noticed this too. Good ideas, I will try to implement some.
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-26 12:39
Oh, quick work ;)
Perhaps make the table connected with the oven? Like it's sealed inside the brick. Thus the structure would look more compact and of a piece.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-26 14:34
Hm. Wasn't there something about every building fitting into the space of a (small) castle wall?
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-26 14:56
That's the optimum to reach for but if it gravely interferes with the overall design, a little bit more space is fine too, imho. The oven should itself set apart from the foundry.
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-26 19:30
Used ideas from Clonkonaut and Newton for this version:
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2011-10-26 21:15
The tools are models? I think a sprite would suffice here...
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-26 21:24
I don't plan to keep them as models. ;) It is just easier to concept without textures.
- - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-27 14:10
I showed this quick draft to Ringwaul yesterday but he wasn't convinced. The idea was to support the 'automated building' concept.

(rubber band = conveyor belt)
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2011-10-27 15:26
If existence of kitchen implies cooking (a process of making food out of some ingredients) you will definitely need a table with some "instruments" (knives, pots etc.) - not just a big stove (see foundry) where rough material is processed into ... well, heated rough material
Parent - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-27 16:12
The automated buildings idea was to have independent building that produce without a clonk. You can say that the clonk makes the food in the instant the menu is clicked and then moves away until cooking is finished or just leave the 'magic' to the 'unseen utilities inside the oven'. Having tools like knives rather indicates that the building doesn't work independently.
Parent - By PeterW [gb] Date 2011-10-27 18:23
Well, we don't need to put too much effort into making it logical. If having knives around makes it easier to recognize it as a kitchen - that's an artistic choice, I wouldn't argue with that. After some point it's all magic anyway.

Stuff that's done could just be dropped in front of the oven (pushed outside automatically!). What is kind of missing, on the other hand, is a place to throw in the ingredients?
- - By Matthias [de] Date 2012-02-28 01:44 Edited 2012-02-28 01:56
Here's something - modelled off Fungiforms sketch. (Just as I hoped, it's much fun to work with those - keep 'em coming ;)) Please have a look at it, give me feedback and tell me if you want to texture it. If anyone is interested, I'll provide cleaned up UV Maps with Ambient Occlusion bake and also a Texture Mapping for the sketch as seen in the preview. If noone else wants to do it, I can do it as well.
Parent - By ST-DDT [de] Date 2012-03-02 00:58
nice
Parent - By Fungiform Date 2012-03-04 16:42
Wow, its really nice! We should work on some textures. Ill see what I can think of.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier or posted new stuff but I moved from Thailand back to germany.
Hope to get going again soon.

Also, do you have any comments how to make the concepts better to work with or anything?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-04-24 11:25
I made some progress texturing it this evening:

The chimney looks weird. The spaces between the rocks needs some detail, I guess?
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [de] Date 2012-04-24 11:42
Ah, nice :) What if you scale the model down to ingame size, are the spaces still weird looking?
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2012-04-27 11:45
Yeah, it's not as weird looking but I think it's still noticeable.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-04-24 12:13
Great work so far! I'd add some kitchen tools on the back like in the tools workshop

Is there a tree growing out of the chimney? ^^
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2012-04-24 12:18
I see sproutberries!
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model] Kitchen