I'd like to remove the following scenarios:
- Scorched Gardens (the one with the meteorites and the telegloves). This scenario is more of a gimmick. Maybe we can reuse it as a ClonkFest stage.
- Molten Monarch (the cave map with the moving stone platforms). I think the goal can be pretty confusing and the map doesn't seem to lead to interesting fights.
- Maybe Frozen Fortress. It doesn't work as well as the other capture the flag scenarios (Melting Castle and Hideout).
As replacement, I suggest we add some newer melees that people have created in the meantime, like:
- Zapper's Flint Brawl (I opened a Pull Request for that).
- Maikel's Magma Moles
- I think Clonkonaut created a nice one as well last year or so?
Definitely agree with that. It would fit Clonkfest pretty good in my opinion.
Also agree with that.
>Maybe Frozen Fortress. It doesn't work as well as the other capture the flag scenarios (Melting Castle and Hideout).
Well, yeah, that's the same thing I noticed when playing Capture The Flag or similar modes in FPS games or Lasertag when teams consist of mostly newcomers. It kinda works if players figure out how the modes work, but it's mostly rather frustrating for newcomers since the modes involve a bit more strategy than simple Deathmatch or Last Man Standing gamemodes.
Melting Castle however feels a bit different though as it's not really a capture mode but rather a destruction mode. Still, it involves a bit more strategy and if players have a strategy it becomes interesting.
>Zapper's Flint Brawl (I opened a Pull Request for that).
>Maikel's Magma Moles
>I think Clonkonaut created a nice one as well last year or so?
No, not that one. That actually worked rather poorly when we played it with more players recently. Although I think it might work better if kills would also give the next weapon (in addition to winning the round). Gungame might in fact also be a better fit as a Clonkfest minigame.
The scenario I was thinking of was small and vertical with weapon spawnpoints. Unfortunately, I can't find it in my folder anymore.
Edit: It's called "Small Arena".
Only comment I have is that I actually liked Frozen Fortress. Maybe it's possible to fix the weaknesses of the map instead of throwing it out completely?
E.g. I don't like that there is so much water in the middle because swimming is slow and boring. And maybe we can update it with more recent objects and weapons
Powered by mwForum 2.29.7 © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill